So, I’m about a week late on this post, but I’ve been busy working, working, working lately. Excuses aside, here is my post about the big events and happenings in my life over the past year!
- Rang in a New Year in Edinburgh for Hogmanay!
- Went to Israel, and to Jordan, getting to see Petra!
- Spent several weeks in Egypt, getting to get to know Sara, which I am especially thankful for.
- Made use of my SCUBA license in Dahab, Egypt
- Spent Carneval in Frankfurt, with my mother’s friend Brigitte, who is one of the best humans I have ever met.
- Went to Guernsey (twice).
- Getting to Scandinavia and spending time in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Estonia and Latvia
- Saw Slagsmalsklubben in Stockholm!
- Froze in Russia!
- Spent a month traveling with my dad in France.
- For my birthday weekend, I saw Bad Manners, Gogol Bordello, and Adrian Edmondson and the Bad Shepherds
- Ended my European travels in Croatia, spending a week hanging out on the beach
- Spent a couple of weeks hanging out on the East Coast of the US, visiting good friends and seeing new places.
- Started at ASU again, studying Astrophysics
- Started dating Michael, who is basically one of the nicest living people in the world
- Started adventuring regularly with Sean
- Went to Albuquerque for the International Hot Air Balloon Festival
- Went for a hot air balloon ride with Michael, here in Phoenix
So there you have the highlights of the past year of my life. I crossed eleven things off of the bucket list this year!!! There were a couple of things I thought that I’d get to that I didn’t make it to this year…. Greece and Turkey, you’ll have to wait your turn. It’s been a damned good time to say the least; my travels continued without trouble and at long last, I returned safely home to the Arizona. Life has been good since my return, though I’d be lying if I tried to tell you that I’m not already dying to get out there again. I’ll also admit that I am extremely unsure about what this next year will hold. I’ve got some big decisions to make, and that big ultimate question of what exactly I’m going to do with my life still looms over my head. Though I’m not hugely bothered about figuring out the answer to that question quite yet, I have a sneaking suspicion that 2011 will be the year in which I actually figure it all out.
Dear friends, I hope that 2011 brings you joy, clarity, and whatever else you find yourselves in need of. May our relationships and love grow stronger, and may we gain wisdom from our choices. Take care of yourselves. ❤